Imagine my surprise when the lovely Jessica Lynn of Wildflowers for Brunch nominated me for a Liebster Award. Not only am I totally stoked and extremely honored, it made me feel downright special. I absolutely love reading Jessica’s twitter (we are totally twitter friends!) and her blog is equally amazing. If you don’t already follow her I highly suggest a follow to her blog/twitter!!!
The Liebster Award is a great way discover and give recognition to new blogs!
Here’s the deal, once nominated you must:
- Write 11 facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers for the Award
- Answer 11 questions provided by the presenter, then write 11 questions for your nominees
11 Random Facts about Me:
1. My name is Martha Elizabeth. However I do not like my first name. Therefore I usually go by my middle name or my family name “Ellie”. My oldest friends still call me by my first name but I cringe every time I hear that name.
2. I drink more iced tea than humanly possible.
3. My birthday is on Halloween. However I never celebrate Halloween. I’ve always celebrated my birthday first then Halloween second.
4. Baseball is one of my favorite sports. My favorite team is the Oakland Athletics. Yes, I do have baseball superstitions. Yes, they are real.
5. I have a weird connection with the number “5”. Its a number that always pops up randomly. Either my change will be in all 5’s or I’ll be at register 5, or just weird little occurrences with the number.
6. Being of Mexican descent, I am very picky about Mexican food. I can’t eat just any where and anyone’s food.
7. I have 5 tattoos. For personal reasons only 2 are visible and 3 are hidden.
8. I believe that if you do not like 90’s hip-hop & r&b, we cannot be friends.
9. I am a magazine hoarder. TRUST when I say, it’s bad
10. Breakfast food is the best food. Especially waffles and pancakes. Yeah, I said it.
11. I have a huge fear of being abandoned. Which is why I don’t camp or do anything with the outdoors. I’ve watched too many of those wilderness survival shows and that will not be happening to me!
- If you were a tea, what flavor would you be? Is it wrong that I’ve actually thought of this? I would be Ginger Peach and I would be Iced. If you haven’t tried it before, it’s magical.
- What is the first song you ever fell in love with? “If I fell” by the Beatles. It brings back so many childhood memories.
- What book most accurately expresses your viewpoint on life? Mindy Kaling’s “Is everyone hanging out without me”. It was like everything I was thinking put into print. Word for word.
- In one word, describe how 2014 is going so far. Relaxed. Its less chaotic, no drama, less bullshit, just spiritually in a better place.
- What is your favorite perfume scent? Marc Jacobs “Cotton”. I try not to use it often but honestly it’s one of the most cleanest and happiest scents
- Invent your ideal milkshake. What’s in it? Chocolate and peanut butter. Two of the best combinations ever.
- Are you a fox or a hedgehog? SONIC THE HEDGEHOG
- Which FRIENDS character are you? I used to believe Rachel until I started a complete re-watch of the series. Now I just think I’m the female Chandler.
- Describe your ideal lazy day. Without a doubt have to be large consumptions of food, coffee, tea. Either reading a great book or watching all of my great films. That’s as lazy as I get.
- You get to re-invent the rainbow with seven colors of your choosing. What are they? it would definitely be just variations of the color green. Just a rainbow of ombre greens!!!
- What is your favorite Wes Anderson movie? The Royal Tenenbaums. For many multiple reasons but mainly because of Margot Tenenbaum.
Now that I have answered, I would like to nominate the following:
Lily – I Want to be the Girl with the Most Cake
Hilda – 30 Into the Three-Oh
Nina – The European Redhead
Katzi – She Loves You and So do I
Crystal – Imakesht
These are my questions:
1. What is the last purchase you made?
2. What is your favorite article of clothing?
3. Is there anything you have left to accomplish before 2014 is over?
4. What is your current favorite album at the moment?
5. What is the one song that always reminds you that everything is going to be okay?
6. What and where is your favorite hometown hangout?
7. If you could give one piece of advice to people, what would it be?
8. Favorite quote that motivates you:
9. Who would you cast to play you in the movie of your life?
10. What is your guilty pleasure snack?
11. What is your favorite TV sitcom of the 90’s?
Thank you, thank you, thank you to the lovely Jessica! Do yourself a favor and head on over to her blog!!! http://www.wildflowersforbrunch.com.
To my favorite lovely people that I have nominated, have fun! Don’t forget to send me the link of your finished product :)